Download Source Code
Source Code Release: Version 3.2.0 (Updated October 15, 2014)
- Download the latest FlightGear source code release:[Mirror 1] [Mirror 2] [Mirror 3]
- Download the latest SimGear source code release. (Required) Note: the SimGear version number must match FlightGear version number.
- Download the latest base package release (1.1 Gb). (Includes Textures, models, data, aircraft, sample scenery, and config files):[Mirror 1] [Mirror 2] [Mirror 3]
- Prerequisite: Open Scene Graph – An open source scene graph management and graphics effects library. OSG version 3.0.1 or newer is recommended for best results.
- Prerequisite: Boost – free peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries. Boost v1.44 or newer is recommended. (A suitable version is included with many (most?) Linux distributions.)
- Prerequisite: Glut (FreeGlut) – OpenGL Utility Toolkit (GLUT) library.
- Prerequisite: OpenAL – We recommend OpenAl Soft 1.11.753 (or higher). Many current Linux distributions now include OpenAL Soft so check and you may already have this installed or available.
- Prerequisite: plib – portability libraries and scene graph. You need plib-1.8.5 or newer to build FlightGear 3.2.0.
- Documentation is included with the base package.