Skip to content
Source Code: Version 2017.3.1 (Updated Sept 20, 2017)
- Download the latest FlightGear and Simgear source code: https://sourceforge.net/projects/flightgear/files/release-2017.3/ (note: the SimGear version number must always match FlightGear version number when compiling from source.)
- Download the latest data package release (1.4 Gb). (Includes Textures, models, data, sample aircraft, sample scenery, and config files): https://sourceforge.net/projects/flightgear/files/release-2017.3/
- Prerequisite: Open Scene Graph – An open source scene graph management and graphics effects library. OSG version 3.4.0 or newer is recommended for best results.
- Prerequisite: Boost – free peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries. Boost v1.44 or newer is recommended. (A suitable version is included with many (most?) Linux distributions.)
- Prerequisite: Glut (FreeGlut) – OpenGL Utility Toolkit (GLUT) library.
- Prerequisite: OpenAL – We recommend OpenAl Soft 1.11.753 (or higher). Many current Linux distributions now include OpenAL Soft so check and you may already have this installed or available.
- Prerequisite: plib – portability libraries and scene graph. You need plib-1.8.5 or newer to build FlightGear 3.2.0.
- Documentation is included with the base package.
- Source code, shared data, aircraft, and executables are available for many historic release. We have some material that dates back to the first 0.0 release 20 years ago. If you are an open-source archaeologist or just looking for last year’s release, you can browse our archives here: [Mirror 1] [Mirror 2] [Mirror 3]