Source Code Release: Version 2016.2.1 (Updated May 17, 2016)
- Download the latest FlightGear and Simgear source code releases: https://sourceforge.net/projects/flightgear/files/release-2016.2/ (note: the SimGear version number must always match FlightGear version number when compiling from source.)
- Download the latest data package release (1.3 Gb). (Includes Textures, models, data, sample aircraft, sample scenery, and config files): https://sourceforge.net/projects/flightgear/files/release-2016.2/
- Prerequisite: Open Scene Graph – An open source scene graph management and graphics effects library. OSG version 3.2.0 or newer is recommended for best results.
- Prerequisite: Boost – free peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries. Boost v1.44 or newer is recommended. (A suitable version is included with many (most?) Linux distributions.)
- Prerequisite: Glut (FreeGlut) – OpenGL Utility Toolkit (GLUT) library.
- Prerequisite: OpenAL – We recommend OpenAl Soft 1.11.753 (or higher). Many current Linux distributions now include OpenAL Soft so check and you may already have this installed or available.
- Prerequisite: plib – portability libraries and scene graph. You need plib-1.8.5 or newer to build FlightGear 3.2.0.
- Documentation is included with the base package.