- If you have a slow/expensive net connection, prefer physical media, or want to help the FlightGear project, FlightGear is available for purchase.
- For a complete FGFS manual, please refer to the official FlightGear Manual.
- If you have trouble connecting, please visit one of our FTP mirrors
- Caution: Check the version numbers of the following prebuilt packages. There is can be a delay between the official release and when the ready to run binaries of the same version become available.
If you love Linux (like we do) and don’t see the newest version of FlightGear available yet for your favorite distribution, please let your distribution maintainers know how badly you want FlightGear packaged for your system — and once it’s there, let us know so we can put a link right here! If you see any out-dated information here, please let us know. We will update this section as packages are built and made available.
- Gentoo: FlightGear is available from main Gentoo repository as games-simulation/flightgear.
- Ubuntu: Launchpad PPA for FlightGear (contributed by Saikrishna Arcot)
- openSuse: Option 1: Install FlightGear stable. (currently FG 2.8.0.)
- Fedora/Redhat: Search here for FlightGear rpms.
- FlightGear is available from the FreeBSD Ports collection as games/flightgear.
- To install it from source, execute the following command as ‘root’:
# cd /usr/ports/games/flightgear; make install
- Alternatively, depending on your system and the repositories available, you may be able to install a pre-compiled binary using the following command:
# pkg install flightgear